Date: 2/10/2018 - 2/11/2018
Time: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Laughter and play are life's fountain of youth, and no one knows this better than the little yogis in our life!
Learn the tools, tricks and talents it takes to teach yoga to children. This training will focus on working with children 4-11 years old.
You will learn:
* yoga poses specifically designed for children
* kids yoga games
* classroom incorporation techniques
* meditation and self-calming strategies
* age-based curriculum
* how to build a dynamic kid's class with themes, games and poses
The training includes:
* a kids class observation
* a resource list with kids yoga songs, books, etc.
* Arrive 15 minutes before the training begins
* Wear clothes that allow comfortable movement
* Bring a yoga mat
* Bring snacks and water to sustain the training period
* Bring a journal and pen
5 Additional non-contact hours include:
- Observation of a kids yoga class (must be arranged in advance, with teacher approval)
- Film yourself teaching a 30- 45 min kids class
- Complete a self evaluation of your kids class
- Submit 2 written lesson plans for a kids yoga class. Choose two age groups 3-5, 6-8, 9-12 year olds
- Watch the kids yoga class video (provided to you in the training) and complete an evaluation form
All workshops & teacher trainings are non-refundable and non-transferable once enrolled.
RAW Registered Yoga Teacher Training:
Next training starts Fall 2018
Come and be in inquiry, play and exploration with us as we dive deep into the practice, our yoga history, asana, energy, chakras and most importantly, YOU.
This training is designed to do more than just teach you how to teach yoga. In this training will help you to learn you about yourself, the way you see and show up in the world, and offer you the tools to access the best version of yourself both on and off the mat.
Come experience your RAWness with us.
Cost & Dates
$3,600 payment plan paid in full first day of class
Wednesday 12pm- Sunday 12pm
Registration & Contact Information
Please direct questions to:
Michelle Sweezey: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon completion of the training, students will:
Meet the requirements of the Yoga Alliance for their 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification.
Be able to teach a complete Power Vinyasa class to a group of students
Know how to create a safe space for others to practice
Authentically share teachings from our training and texts and with others and identify their yoga lineage
Be able to identify habits, attitudes and beliefs that are creating blocks or obstacles to their success and happiness, and use and identify practices that will lead to desired change in their lives.
Be able to articulate what being RAW means to them